Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I finially did it...

After 2.5 years of nursing school plus 2 years before that of pre-requisites I finally took the NCLEX. This is the test that determines if you get licensed as a nurse. I have spent years preparing for it and finally took it on Thursday last week and got my results back yesterday. I passed!

I am now a Registered Nurse. This is both exciting and worrisome. I have a possible job lined up as a part time nurse at Timpanogos Hospital on their Med/Surg floor. After orientation I will hopefully be working night shifts so that I don't have to be away from Lanie too much. This will be a big change, but I feel like it will be a good experience as well.

Wish me luck, even though I am finished with school my education in the real world is just beginning.

9 comments:

Catherine said...

Congratulations Wuzzy! I knew you would pass.

Laura said...

Congrats Paula!! That's so awesome you also have a job! I'm jealous

*katie said...

Congratulations Paula, that's GREAT!!

Jennifer Rose said...

Congrats Paula! That is great news!

John and Dana Lyn said...

YAY PAULA!! Isn't it the BEST feeling EVER to know that you've passed a very important (and expensive :P) test! You're going to be a great nurse. Hopefully working night shifts doesn't wear you out while doing double duty at home too. But part-time is great since it's usually only 2 days a week. I'm excited for you to start your career!

Anonymous said...

Hooray!! Good for you.

Daniel & Molly Smith said...

Congrats Paula!!! The real word is better than going to school!

Dejah said...

Wow! A house, a baby, a job, & of course James...You are living the dream. Congratulations!

Jenn said...

I am so proud of you!!!! You've been working as long as I've known you for this!!!! Happy day!