Saturday, August 15, 2009

Blogging without Pictures

Have you ever had the experience where you would like to blog about something, but you suddenly realize that you don’t have any pictures to post with the blog entry? That’s depressing, let me tell you, its like having a black and white TV when everyone else has 1080p HD TV’s.

Well, with that said, I have to tell you the funniest baseball experience ever. JSYK (just so you know [I just made that up, isn’t that grand. It’ll be the next FYI or TTYL]) this was among a group of friends (coworkers), men and women who were all highly competitive but at the same time we were all just having fun. For example, in this form of baseball we had a hard foam ball and a hard foam bat with a plastic core. There were no strike outs, but other than that it was mostly regular baseball. Oh, and stretching to rules was ok in a lot of cases, so it was flexible baseball.

My team was down by a few points and the game was almost over. I looked out and saw that we had people on 1st and 2nd base, and we had two outs. I thought I would be funny, so I walked over to third base (right next to our dugout) and as soon as the ball was hit I ran in to home. All the sudden both teams counted it as another run. I didn’t expect it, but no one from the other team had seen me walk over to third from the dugout. So know I was a bit confused because I didn’t know if I should tell them, but before I could reach a firm decision the game was already underway again, so I just kept it to myself and told two teammates in the dugout what I’d just done. They thought it was hilarious. We ended up in the end, winning the game by 1 run.

So, the next day we all are in another meeting and we make the announcement that last nights game was actually a tie. Everyone is a bit confused, so I tell them what I just told you. Fortunately everyone was laughing and everyone was actually happier that the game was a tie (even the winning team was glad it was a tie). I guess we all just like to have fun and we don’t care about who wins. How cool is that?

2 comments:

RhubarbLady said...

I think even relating that experience deserves a big pat on the back. It's a perfect example of where you could have gotten away with it but you did the honest thing.

Sounds like the game was fun and you work with a good bunch of people who are also understanding.

Unknown said...

lol. Good story. The next time you don't have any pictures to blog just do what I do...go on the internet and find pictures from other people's blogs that might look like you and claim them as your own. Just don't get any close ups! haha. j/k Really, I've never done that before...really...?... :)